Peptide Drug Discovery: a Niche Area?
The objective of the event is to discuss the multifaceted therapeutic potential of peptides. Topics such as peptidomimetics and macrocycles, protein-protein interactions, peptide shuttles, chemical ligation and main aspects of peptide synthesis will be tackled.
The confirmed speakers are:
• Linkers for Peptide Conjugation
Prof. Fernando Albericio, University of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
• Synthetic Immune System Engagers – a Peptide-based Approach to Immune-oncology
Prof. Christian Becker, University of Vienna, Austria
• From Structure to Function: Peptide Recognition at G Protein-coupled Receptors
Dr Anette Kaiser, University of Leipzig, Germany
• Macrocyclization as an Enabling Tool Toward Novel Peptide Drug Candidates
Prof. Eric Marsault, University of Sherbrooke, Canada
• Targeting Receptor Complexes: A New Dimension in Drug Discovery
Prof. Kristian Strømgaard, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
• Gate2Brain, Opening the Gate to CNS Therapies
Dr Meritxell Teixido, Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Spain
All participants are invited to submit abstracts for scientific communications. Out of the submitted proposals, 3 Oral Communications will be selected. The other accepted abstracts will get the opportunity to be presented as Posters.
More information can be found on the website.