The best oral presenter is awarded a prize which consists of:
- representing The Netherlands with a presentation at the EFMC-Young Medicinal Chemists Symposium;
- a travel grant of max. € 1200 to visit the EFMC-Young Medicinal Chemists Symposium and the EFMC symposium prior to the EFMC-Young Medicinal Chemists Symposium, which is usually the EFMC-International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (ISMC) or the EFMC-Advanced Synthesis and Medicinal Chemistry Symposium (ASMC). When only the EFMC-Young Medicinal Chemists Symposium is attended, the maximum travel grant is € 500 (disbursement may go via EFMC).
The conditions for the oral presentation prize are the following:
- The winner should be a PhD student or should have finished a PhD less than one year ago.
- The presented work should have been performed by the researcher at a Dutch university.
- The candidate is expected to be or to become a member of the KNCV Section Medicinal Chemistry.
- The awarded expenses for registration, accommodation and travelling cannot exceed € 1200.
- The money will be transferred as a reimbursement after the symposium. Costs for registration, accommodation and travelling (flight tickets and public transport) can be reimbursed upon providing proof of payment to the treasurer.
- The winner will get a certificate of the KNCV Division Medicinal Chemistry (Sectie Farmacochemie)